Nasty Penguins - Home to Decadeology

Nasty Penguins is a forum for discussion of topics dealing with Decadeology.

Immaturity Required!

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can This Be Parodied?

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/07 at 11:55 pm

Subject: Re: Can This Be Parodied?

Written By: DiceOfDeath on 10/21/07 at 2:04 am

One of the Rules Of The Universe is that you may never parody something that's already intentionally funny. You must first parody all the stuff that's unintentionally funny...after that, you're free to operate.

Written By: DocWoody on 10/25/07 at 12:37 pm

One of the Rules Of The Universe is that you may never parody something that's already intentionally funny. You must first parody all the stuff that's unintentionally funny...after that, you're free to operate.

I sort of agree with DiceOfDeath here.  You try to parody something like Aerosmith's "Ten Inch Record" and you're just going to spin your wheels.

Woody

Written By: Step-chan on 02/15/08 at 10:43 pm

I've parodied stuff that was already intentionally funny.. but more as a play on the original, my own spin on it, if you will.

Written By: MadameA on 07/01/09 at 4:32 am

I don't think the original song is well-known enough for most people to know it, but you could always put up a link to the Youtube video as long as the parody is here at Whatfreaks and not at the other site. The video made me a little bit horny, in case anyone wanted to know, but it didn't make me want to grab a dildo or vibrator or to have intercourse.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/09 at 11:10 pm

I've parodied stuff that was already intentionally funny.. but more as a play on the original, my own spin on it, if you will.

My parody of Buy Me A Condo is a good example of that.(forgot to mention it)

Check for new replies or respond here...