Nasty Penguins - Home to Decadeology

Nasty Penguins is a forum for discussion of topics dealing with Decadeology.

Immaturity Required!

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Functions missing here...

Written By: jerkoff on 12/10/07 at 3:09 pm

Part of the reason for this board, is that the stuff "you know who" added to the "other board" can get tried out here first with the new software.  So here's a list of stuff that was added to the other board.  When something gets done here as well, it'll get an asterisk next to it.

stuff that is custom to just the "other board"

Highlighted Topic -*
KarmaLog -*
Message Archive - *
Frontpage (with highlighted topics and newly started threads) -*
Link to System Rules -*
Animated Smileys - *
Extra Smileys -*

Stuff that are mods from the SMF community

Flashchat
Arcade
Medals

Subject: Re: Functions missing here...

Written By: jerkoff on 12/10/07 at 3:11 pm

I see no signs from the arcade mods folks, that a new version of that mod has been created for SMF 2.0.  I'm not sure if it will be ready when the final SMF 2.0 version comes out or not.

Normally upgrading the software wouldn't be a big deal for the modifications made already. The themes and the database interaction have been altered significantly in this release which means significant changes to how things are done.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/07 at 3:13 pm

Part of the reason for this board, is that the stuff "you know who" added to the "other board" can get tried out here first with the new software.  So here's a list of stuff that was added to the other board.  When something gets done here as well, it'll get an asterisk next to it.

stuff that is custom to just the "other board"

Highlighted Topic
KarmaLog
Message Archive
Frontpage (with highlighted topics and newly started threads)
Link to System Rules
Animated Smileys - *

Stuff that are mods from the SMF community

Flashchat
Arcade
Medals

You forgot spell check.

Cat

Written By: jerkoff on 12/11/07 at 9:06 am

You forgot spell check.
Cat

It's not a modification, but a server configuration issue.  Not sure why it isn't on, but I'll see if I can fix it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/07 at 2:29 pm

It's not a modification, but a server configuration issue.  Not sure why it isn't on, but I'll see if I can fix it.

A stroke for you for looking into it.

Cat

Written By: jerkoff on 12/13/07 at 9:20 pm

A stroke for you for looking into it.

Cat

yeah, it turns out it's a server configuration issue.  I'll have to bug the hosting company at some point

Written By: jerkoff on 12/14/07 at 1:48 pm

The messageboard archive has been added.  /forum/archive/

Fixing the other custom functions should be easy now that we know what's been changed.

The publishers have also come out with a slightly newer beta of the software, so the software will get upgraded this weekend before work is begun on other missing functions.

Written By: jerkoff on 12/18/07 at 4:18 pm

the karmalog should be working now... maybe needs some adjustments for this site with the negative karma enabled... not sure.

it looked like the log wasn't working, but I think that was caused by so few karma points being issues lately.

Written By: jerkoff on 12/19/07 at 10:47 am

I stole the system rules from the other board.  They should be rewritten at some point, but for now at least they are better integrated into the board.

I also figured out how to make the username and display name match up when I ported over the highlighted topic feature.  The front page is still not 100% completed, but not much left to do at this point.

Check for new replies or respond here...