Nasty Penguins - Home to Decadeology

Nasty Penguins is a forum for discussion of topics dealing with Decadeology.

Immaturity Required!

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Birth Control

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/07 at 10:31 am

What kind of birth control have you used and which ones do you like the best/least?

I have used:

Condoms: Good at protecting against STDs but not 100%.
The Pill: Had such complications when I was on it. I decided it wasn't worth it for me.
A Diaphragm:  I felt secure with this but it definitely cut down on spontaneous "action".

Now, I don't have to worry about birth control and it is GREAT!!!

Cat

Subject: Re: Birth Control

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/14/07 at 11:50 am

When I was single I never practiced license without a medicine  ;) well, almost never.Then, after 4 kids, I did the BIG V. 

Written By: Poisoned Eros on 09/14/07 at 11:36 pm

Condoms
Oral contraceptives
Norplant
Depo

A lot of guys bitch and moan about condoms.  They can be a bit awkward and reduce sensations...but I don't mind using them.  STD?  Unwanted pregnancy?  You'll wish you had!

Written By: Poisoned Eros on 09/15/07 at 12:27 am

Has anyone used the "female condom"? I was once curious about this since I LOVE to give oral, but was scared shitless of getting a mouth full of herpes. Do these things work and how much sensation do they kill?

I was once with a woman who said she had some, but I said no thanks.  It was late.  We were both kinda tipsy.  I had mine, I knew how they worked. I'd rather not experiment!
::)

I get a Trojan Ribbed and turn it inside out.

Ribbed, for my pleasure!  ;D

Ant

Some women don't like 'em.  "What the fuck's all that shit?  If I want ribs, I'll go to the steakhouse!"
:D

Written By: Sugar Kane on 09/15/07 at 10:41 am

Has anyone used the "female condom"? I was once curious about this since I LOVE to give oral, but was scared shitless of getting a mouth full of herpes. Do these things work and how much sensation do they kill?

Ant

I've used it once,it's not as easy to use as man's condoms,but the sex feels pretty much the same. As for getting oral i've noticed a major difference,it kills sensation completely.

Written By: Suq Madiq on 09/16/07 at 12:16 am

I've used

Condoms
Her on the pill
Abstinence
My hand

I have some condoms that expire in '08.  I should hand some out to my homeboys.  Then I could say, "I got a pocket fulla rubbers and my homeboys do too."  8) ;D

Written By: Tam on 09/17/07 at 12:00 am

Gin 'n Juice!!! ;D

Condoms and the pill. I am allergic to latex too so I always had to carry my own lamb skin condoms. More expensive but a hell of a lot better than latex! I was on Ortho-tricyclen and it did real good to squash all the cramps and acne and crap... but water bloating pissed me off so bad!

Now, I don't have to worry about it. Hubby had a vasectomy 2 years ago ;)

Written By: Jessica on 09/17/07 at 10:22 pm

I'm on the pill right now. Condoms annoy me, but were a necessary evil back in the day. Now I don't have to worry about it because the husband is disease free and we only need protection against more chilluns.

Written By: DocWoody on 09/18/07 at 10:19 am

My wife got on the pill just a few months after we started dating, back when she was 20.  She used a regular dose ethinyl estradiol pill (Marvelon) and gained some weight and got nipple hairs.  Then the doc put her on a different pill, desorgestrel or something like that (Alesse).  You know how they say the risk of blood clots increases when you're on the pill?  Well that little pill gave her a stroke on our honeymoon in 2001.  She couldn't talk properly for 3 months and lost her job since she was part time and didn't qualify for Short Term Disability.  Anyway, we just used condoms for over a year, and then she discovered Mirena, an IUD with an extremely low estrogen dose that was not supposed to increase risk of clotting.  The first Mirena eliminated her periods entirely (Yay for her!!) but we got rid of it in 2005 to have our first son.  She had another one in after he was born, but it still allowed her to have periods.  It also made her not interested in sex.  I guess that's one way to accomplish birth control. 

That one's gone now too, wink wink!  ;)  ;)  and last night we humped like we were 19 again!

Woody

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/07 at 10:27 am

My wife got on the pill just a few months after we started dating, back when she was 20.  She used a regular dose ethinyl estradiol pill (Marvelon) and gained some weight and got nipple hairs.  Then the doc put her on a different pill, desorgestrel or something like that (Alesse).  You know how they say the risk of blood clots increases when you're on the pill?  Well that little pill gave her a stroke on our honeymoon in 2001.  She couldn't talk properly for 3 months and lost her job since she was part time and didn't qualify for Short Term Disability.  Anyway, we just used condoms for over a year, and then she discovered Mirena, an IUD with an extremely low estrogen dose that was not supposed to increase risk of clotting.  The first Mirena eliminated her periods entirely (Yay for her!!) but we got rid of it in 2005 to have our first son.  She had another one in after he was born, but it still allowed her to have periods.  It also made her not interested in sex.  I guess that's one way to accomplish birth control. 

That one's gone now too, wink wink!  ;)  ;)  and last night we humped like we were 19 again!

Woody

Wow! And I thought I had complications on the pill but nothing like that-just MAJOR nausea and break-through bleeding.

I'm really surprised they gave her an IUD. They usually don't like giving them to women BEFORE they have had kids.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 09/18/07 at 3:56 pm

Woody

Dayum. I've heard of the risk of strokes, but I never knew of anyone who had actually HAD one. Your poor wife. :-\

Written By: Poisoned Eros on 09/18/07 at 6:46 pm

Oral contraceptives can produce horrific side effects. The really bad ones, such as what happened to DocWoody's wife, are not common, but you've only got one body.  I've heard of even worse cases.  There are many contraindications for each preparation of oral contraceptive.  This is not to scare anybody off from using them, but I don't think most doctors take enough care when prescribing BCPs.  Demand thorough screening!

Written By: Poisoned Eros on 09/18/07 at 7:44 pm

Damn Woody, that is really bad. But kudos to you for sticking with her, and, for last night, sticking it to her!

Speaking of IUDs, at one point I had no idea what they were. The bosses son, Ricky, at my first job was dating one of the waitresses, Charlotte. He ask me to ask her "if she's had any good IUDs lately", so I did. She slapped me, then him. I learned what an IUD was the next day.  ;D

I can't remember the politician on C-SPAN who was talking about IEDs (in re the Iraq war) and kept slipping up and saying IUDs. 
"The Iraqi insurgents are killing our troops every day with IUDs!"
There are worse ways to go, I suppose!

One time when my sister was 10, our 16-year-old sister told her to go say "cervix" to our grandmother.  The older one told the younger one it was Latin for "angels."  So she did.  Grandma looked up from her knitting like, "Yeah, so?"
When the older told the younger what cervix REALLY meant, she turned beet red and called the older a "mean bitch."  Pretty clear on what that meant.  We had this image of our grandma as the perfect lady when we were kids, but really, she was twice married with five children.  Old grandma knew what was what and words didn't phase her a bit!
;D

Written By: virgo69 on 10/03/07 at 10:36 am

I've used condoms, the Pill, the mini pill, some posh version of the rhythm method where you piss on a stick and put it in this machine and it tells you safe, and unsafe days.  Now I use the Mirena IUD.

Written By: Poisoned Eros on 10/06/07 at 11:38 pm

I've used condoms, the Pill, the mini pill, some posh version of the rhythm method where you piss on a stick and put it in this machine and it tells you safe, and unsafe days.  Now I use the Mirena IUD.

Posh piss-on-a-stick machine or no, I would never rely on the "rhythm method" because biology is imperfect and as Dr. Ruth always said, "All it takes is one quick one!"

:P

Check for new replies or respond here...